Wednesday 25 January 2012

Health-kick

Since becoming vegan, I have became really conscious of the nutrients that I am taking in. Trawling through the hundreds of vegan websites taught me that I should be eating seeds and nuts, fruit and veg, grains etc. Unfortunately, it just so happens that I barely like any of the above, especially seeds. However, when I was shopping the other day, i stumbled across the miracle that is Linwoods five seed mix, not only that but usualy £5.20, it was reduced to £2... Bargain! The five seed mix is basically, seasme, sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds with goji berries, that have been ground into a powder. You simply sprinkle two spoons over your soup, cereal, or whatever takes your fancy and you are done... simples.


Im also not much of a fruit fanatic, I dont like the texture/sweetness of most fruits. However, I love melon but I never buy it because its too much for just me and would end up going to waste. This is why I love the Asda snack packs, you get 5 for £1.50 and they are the perfect size.


Something I am a fanatic of lately is green tea, I adore green tea. Never in all my 20 years of existence have I enjoyed tea, but I thought i'd be fancy and try some green tea, in the hope that it would give me flawless skin (it never), and ended up becoming addicted to it. I have pure green tea up unitl about 4pm, then I switch to decaffinated green tea, becasue sleepless nights are the worst (I should know, im writing this at 3am with eyes like saucers o_o)


No comments:

Post a Comment